Types of Intercom Systems: Our Solutions
Intercom systems are a staple of New York City security. Many of the city’s buildings, offices, industrial facilities, and schools utilize intercom systems for access control or general security.
Basic intercoms are essentially two-way radios that are mounted to an interior or exterior wall. Intercoms have a master station and one or more substations. Substations can be used to “call” the master station and vice-versa.
ASM offers a range of wired and wireless intercom solutions for property owners in New York, Long Island and New Jersey. Our offerings include:
- Audio Intercom: Audio intercom systems allow the master and sub stations to communicate by voice only.
- Video Intercom: Video intercom systems allow communication by voice and video.
- Telephone Intercom: Phone entry intercom systems tap directly into resident phone lines. The substation “calls” the phone, and the visitor can be granted access.
- Apartment or Office Intercom: Apartment intercoms have a single substation with many buttons that connect to master stations in each apartment building.
- Broadcast Intercom: Broadcast intercoms allow communications to be broadcast from a single station out to multiple substations. Broadcast intercoms are ideal for one-to-many or room-to-room communication.
Wireless vs Wired Intercom
Today, property owners can choose between wired or wireless intercom systems. Both types offer the same functionality, and differ only in how they are installed and connected.
ASM has expertise designing and installing both types.
- Wired Intercom: Wired systems require master and substations to be linked via a physical wire. Wired intercoms tend to be more costly to install, but the devices are cheaper.
- Wireless Intercom: Many New York City-area properties require wireless systems, due to the complexity of wiring substations. With wireless systems, master and substations are IP-enabled and they connect over a web-based network. Wireless systems offer faster installations, but hardware is typically more expensive.
ASM offers a range of options in both wired and wireless intercom. Choose intercom products from industry-leading manufacturers.
Intercom Design, Installation and Maintenance across New York City
With ASM, you get the whole package: Design, installation, support and maintenance. You tell us what you need; we design a solution that meets your needs, and we see your project through from start to finish. Our process includes:
- On-Site Evaluation: ASM visits your business or home to discuss your needs and determine network or wiring possibilities.
- Custom Design: Our in-house engineering team tailors a solution for your property, and prepares an accurate estimate for the work.
- Quality Installation: ASM’s network of electricians and security contractors installs the system.
- Long-Term Support: We offer regular system updates, maintenance, repair and on-call support to ensure your system functions properly for many years to come.
Do you need an intercom system installed in your NYC, New Jersey or Long Island property? ASM offers completely integrated solutions, including intercom linked to CCTV, burglar alarm and access control.
Call now for a free estimate for your project, or to schedule an on-site evaluation.