Access control systems are essential to your building’s security. These systems allow you to manage who has access to certain areas of your property and monitor the status of your building’s entries.
ASM offers a comprehensive approach to building access design. Our process includes:
On-Site Evaluation: ASM learns about your unique needs and examines your property’s doors and entry points to develop a custom solution.
Systems Design: We design wired and wireless access control systems. All of our access systems are custom tailored to your property.
Accurate Quotes: We provide detailed estimates for the access control technology and installation costs.
Integrated Access Control
Does your property already have an existing access control or security system? If so, it’s important a new or updated system integrates with your existing hardware.
At ASM, we specialize in integrating new security technologies into your existing network. Our goal: Creating an integrate system that operates harmoniously. With access control, we offer a range of integration services, including:
- New Hardware: We install new card readers, keypads or other access readers into your existing system.
- Updated System Architecture: We can repair or simplify your existing system, improving wired connections, adding new capabilities, and resolving faulty installations.
- Expanding Your Existing System: We can help scale up an existing system, adding card readers to new doors and linking them to your existing control panel.
- Wireless Linking: ASM can connect offline systems to the web. This allows a range of capabilities like: Flexible reporting, full online help, alarm monitoring, and time and attendance reporting.
Access Control: Your Options
Choosing an electronic lock and access control system can be a challenge. There are so many options, and your system will include a variety of components.
Some of the most common types of access control systems include:
- Card readers: Card readers require visitors to have a credential card or tag to unlock a door. These card-reading devices are mounted near doors and connected to the door’s electronic locks. Visitors scan their card to gain entry.
- Biometric readers: An alternative to traditional card readers, biometric readers require employees to provide a biometric marker, like a fingerprint, to prove their identity. Today’s systems also include voice and retinal scanners.
- Wired control panels: Wired access control systems require all devices to be hardwired to a central control panel. The system can then be programmed at the control panel.
- Wireless control panels: Wireless systems connect all devices via a network. The card readers, for example, connect via the web, and the entire system can be controlled via a desktop or mobile application.
ASM designs and installs all types of access control systems – both wired and wireless.
Wireless Access Control Systems from ASM
ASM offers a full range of wireless online access control systems. These systems operate on your existing network – i.e. no large capital expenditures, IT support or servers – and they can be accessed remotely by your security manager.
Wireless access control systems offer a range of benefits including:
- Remote Access: Access the system from anywhere via a desktop. Arm or disable individual access points, or remotely monitor who’s accessing the system.
- Fast Online Support: Wireless systems enable remote maintenance and helpdesk support. Your security company can access devices to determine vulnerabilities via a web connection.
- Reporting: Determine who is accessing certain areas at what times with seamless and quick reporting.
- Fast Installation: Wireless systems reduce installation times, as fewer wires must be placed.
Our Access Control Solutions
ASM offers comprehensive services for access control in NYC, New Jersey or Long Island. Whether you need an access system for a single door, or a multi-site facility, ASM can help. Our access control services include:
- Multisite Management
- Management reports
- From single-door applications, up to 15,000 devices
- Access cards, biometric readers and keypad readers
- Web-hosted and local platforms
- CCTV and video analytics integration
- Remote lock out
- Lease and financing available
Want to learn about our integrated systems? ASM offers complete building security solutions, including: Burglar alarms, intercom, fire alarm and CCTV.
Schedule a free on-site consultation today to learn about your options. Or give us a call today to learn more about your options: 718-839-6000.